Everyday I have to stand in front the mirror you know to clean my teeth, wash my face or even talk to myself (yeah I do that a lot). I also imagine a better version of me possessing the vigour, strength, courage determination and tenacity in front of me stepping into each astral projection over and over again. Then of course there is mimicking two power postures; one hands up in a V shape like you crossed a finish line at the Olympics, two back strait shoulder broad legs apart and fists on hips like Superman or Wonder Woman. Believe in your own great achievement when standing in these ways. When in front of the mirror I run through this daily routine learnt from Paul McKenna.
Minute One: Success Highlight Films
Take a minute to run through the Success Highlight Film of your achievements, expectation and positive experiences. Remember to juice up your memories by using bright colours and big, bold, moving images!
Minute Two: The Mirror
- Stand in front of a mirror and close your eyes.
- Think about someone who loves you and imagine viewing yourself through their eyes.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and look into the mirror. Allow yourself to really see yourself through the eyes of someone who totally loves you.
Minute Three: Compliment Yourself
Still looking in the mirror, use your confident internal voice to compliment yourself over and over again for a full minute. If you find this difficult, it is even more important for you to do it. Remember, you are changing your energy so that you will attract more of what you want into your life.
Minute Four: Push The Confidence Switch
- Remember a time when you felt really confident. Fully return to it now - see what you saw, hear what you heard and feel what you felt.
- As you go through this memory, make the colours brighter and richer, the sounds louder, and the feelings stronger. As you feel these good feelings, squeeze your thumb and middle finger of either hand together.
- Still holding your thumb and finger, think about a situation coming up in the next twenty-four hours during which you want to feel more confident. Imagine things going perfectly, going exactly the way you want them to go. See what you'll see, hear what you'll hear and feel how good it feels!
Minute Five: Confidence in Action
- Take a minute to write down any inspired actions that came up for you as you went through this workout.
- Choose at least one of them that feels like a little bit of a risk to take in the next twenty-four hours!